Thursday 6 August 2015

ISS: July 28 by Josh Evans

Today was Negev day; it was hot and sunny, and I was leader of the day. The day started not in the morning but actually the night before, as we started Negev day with a lantern show at the Bedoin tents, which was beautiful.

The fellows woke up at 6:30 and proceeded to breakfast at 7:30. Breakfast was delicious, as I had a nice cup of tea to accompany it. This was followed by a quick game to wake everyone up and a review of the schedule.


Our first activity was taking a nice ride on a group of camels. I had lots of fun and so did many of my friends. It was a great experience that I will cherish for a long time.

Afterwards we went to see the biggest wooden bridge in israel, which was the longest wooden bridge I've ever seen. In the mean time we saw swimming turtles  beneath us, which was pretty cool.


We all then had lunch and went swimming. This was great, as it let us rest and refuel up from the day. The water was also quite refreshing. So refreshing that it made the temperature outside seem that it was from that of an oven at full throttle, in comparison. A heat wave had hit Israel at this point.

The day was then moved indoors where everyone took part in an activity that made us think about the Negev and how it could have looked today, if different decisions had been made in Israel's past.
The day ended with feedback, which let the leaders receive compliments on their day and see what they could have done better.
I enjoyed myself alot and had fun. It was a great day.



By Josh Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment