Monday 4 March 2013

Sixth Workshop: The Journey of Milk and Cookies!

We started the morning off bright and early and with a few of Diller's famous icebreakers, which involved a clever mind-game, in order to get everybody up and running. After everyone was more or less awake, we went into the journey of milk and cookies which taught us how important it is to have a mission and a vision whenever taking part in a project, like the one we're currently working on in hopes of raising money for the Segal Center's Adolescent and Young Adult Oncology Program. 


As our staff explained it, a mission is like asking yourself why: for what purpose do I want to do something, whereas a vision is like asking yourself to where: what do I want the outcome to be? This was not very clear to me at first, but I better understood it once we were put to the test. We were asked to pick a few words that describe what we want our futures to look like, in order to create a mission and vision for ourselves.


I can honestly say that this way my favorite activity out of all of the Diller workshops so far, because I wasn't truly aware of what my life goals were up until I put them on paper. I was able to clearly see what my missions and visions are in life, which was extremely eye-opening. 


We used the rest of the workshop to prepare for the upcoming North American Seminar. Our staff handed us each a specifically made first aid kid, which made me even more excited than I was before about the arrival of our Israelis! The kit had the essentials of hosting an Israeli: the week's itinerary, a bottle of gatorade to keep our energy levels on par with the always hyper Israelis, a stress ball for when we go bananas, some candy, heart-shaped stickers for the spirit of Valentine's day, and a blind fold to remind us that we're going to get no sleep!


By: Maya Pisarevsky

No comments:

Post a Comment