Monday 4 March 2013

Our Second Shabbaton: Friday!

When I finished my last exam on Friday, I breathed a sigh of relief and finally had something to look forward to: the Diller Shabbaton!



So I arrived at the Ruby Foo's hotel at around 4 o'clock and was really tired, but got a great welcoming from Yamit and Ma'ayan. When I went up to my room, I met up with Jon and Ben, we exchanged hellos, dressed up nice, and proceeded to go downstairs to the main area for Shabbat services and candle lighting.



The girls did their prayer and then lit the candles. This was followed by a really great discussion about women's rights, and of course we had an amazing meal with tons of good food, laughter, and fun songs. After that, we changed into some more comfortable clothing and our evening activity focused on Israel's history and geography. Using some games and an interactive map, our staff taught us about important places, events, and gave us a little Diller history lesson!
Personally, my favorite part of the Shabbaton was getting locked out of my room at night, and sitting in the hallway with my friends talking about everything and just bonding.

By: Charles Moatti

No comments:

Post a Comment